Descriptive essay is another popular type of essay. You will definitely meet a lot of descriptive essay assignments throughout your academic career.
What is a Descriptive Essay
A descriptive essay is a verbal or worldly illustration of a subject or object or topic in a manner that the reader can materialize the perception or inner meaning that the writer wants to convey. It is intended to help a reader visualize a place or an event, taste a flavor, feel different textures. In a word, a descriptive paper describes things properly to the reader so that little is left to the reader’s imagination. Rather than telling a story, a descriptive essay shows the reader true nature of the subject matter vividly.
Descriptive Text Structure
Descriptive essays are in many aspects different from other types of essays. For example, a descriptive essay is developed based on the reader’s mood and perception level other than simply putting things in order. In a narrative essay, the writer presents events in a chronological and argumentative way and organizes subject matters as they happen. In a descriptive essay, on the contrary, the writer selects words and phrases in the way to catch the reader’s attention and help them visualize the scenario. Listing facts or persuading a reader is not the objective of a descriptive essay and as such, it is different from expository and persuasive essays as well. All that a descriptive essay does is describing the topic in simple and touchy worlds.
How to Make a Descriptive Essay
- The first thing to do in your descriptive writing is to make sure you understand and grasp the topic perfectly before you start writing. To write a good descriptive essay, self-understanding is the most important thing for the writer, because otherwise, it will be rather challenging to illustrate the inner message of the essay. There are quite a lot of online sources that can help you organize your thoughts and clarify any ambiguities.
- Start writing your essay in simple words and avoid any complexities.
- Once the preliminary writing is done, start reciting it to yourself and considering it as a firsthand experience to see how things come to your understanding as the essay illustrates. You can fix sentence structures and tone of the writing during this revision.
- Take your descriptive essay to any of your fellows and read it to them loudly to see how they react or respond to it. Take their suggestions, if they have any, to improve the writing or proceed to the final state otherwise.
- In the final stage, fix any grammatical or vocabulary errors that might create confusion in the mind of the reader.
Tips on Writing a Descriptive Essay
From our experience in writing descriptive essays, we would like to advise every writer to do adequate researches make themselves clearer. To illustrate things to the reader, it is essential for the writer to make them clearer to himself. Simplicity is the key to success in writing a descriptive essay. If a wider audience is expected, the writer should avoid complex terms and words so that a large number of people from different walks of life can engage. Suggest to take a deep breath before starting to write and create a mental picture of the subject matter to see how things can come up perfectly in words.
Descriptive Essay Help
There are situations when even the best students could use some writing help. RelaxESSAY is a custom writing company that is open for any kind of requests. We help students all over the world with any kind of custom paper writing. If you value your time and look for the best quality of writing, you definitely came to a right place! We guarantee 100% confidentiality, timely delivery and fair prices for the best custom essays across the web.
Relax, and we`ll do the hard part!